Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yesterday I played the 7 games with Cici on the ground. I was thinking we haven't done much real movement for a while and she will usually porpoise and express her high energy by going straight while on the circle - you know pull me out of position. But yesterday she seemed to be listening to me. Walk, trot, canter. Well working on the canter. She willingly picks up both leads but only holds it for about 1/4 of the circle.

Lots of change of direction to start out to get her thinking. She even started to turn in at the spot I kept using a couple of times when I had decided to let her stay out on the circle. Hmmm how interesting.

Backing is getting better. Can string together several steps now. And sideways is moving along slowly. Her hind end is lagging. I think I am not in the proper position as I visualize what it looks like-will check that thought out latter today. Doing sideways along the indoor arena's wall and when she stops she stops with her forehead and face touching the wall as I wait for her to lick and chew.

Ended with a nice long grass eating session. Long enough so when I asked her to pick up her head she was soft and when we walked back to her paddock there was no grass diving.

No comments: