Thursday, May 20, 2010

#3

Was away for a couple of days. Yesterday just hung out with Cici. Margaret gave me new points to check on her. Some are relaxation, some are letting go, some are dealing with stuff. Sounds like points for me.

Today did the points, groomed, then played on the ground. Mixed things up. It interesting that right now Cici does not want to leave me and go out on a circle. I have to bring up my energy and drive her Zone 2. Keep the pressure up in front of the drive line.

Saddled her and back on circle. She seemed calm and quiet. Then got a little worried so change of direction and asked for canter. Whole circle going to right and half a circle going to left. Go figure.

I got on and found myself calmer, able to focus on my position in the saddle. Cici was very nice. She would walk a few steps and stop. I thanked her and then would have to ask her to go. She would walk a few more steps and stop. I thanked her and then would have to ask her to go. Still getting resistance when I ask for any bending. But she will quickly give and then lick. Cici was certainly taking care of me! So we walked around the indoor in a big circle a few times, she stopped and yawned and licked and I figured as I was boring my horse it was a good time to get off.

No comments: