Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Confidence

Talking about my emotional fitness. I know I have grown and strengthened it when I am on the ground playing with Cici. Things that used to completely unsettle me I now laugh at. And ask Cici to keep going. But under saddle. I am much more conservative.

Today it was super windy and apparently still snow on the indoor roof. I say apparently because there were strange sounds, sliding, crashing going on while I was playing with Cici on line. Now her emotional fitness is strengthening. At first she spooked at the noise, ran a few strides then turned and faced me and licked and chewed. The next time she just turned and faced and licked an chewed.

This is wonderful. However I kept having thoughts that she was not in the right frame of mind to ride. But it was I who was not in the right frame of mind to ride. I keep visualizing riding and trotting and cantering around the ring with a broad smile on my face. Feeling her move under me. And feeling confident and comfortable.

The visualizations feels wonderful. But then the wind picks up and the roof makes strange sounds and I say, no not today. Sigh.

2 comments:

Marion Princic said...

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about and have to congratulate you for not getting on. Unfortunately I wasn´t that wise on Tuesday and now I have to suffer for it. Lesson learned though and I will never give in for peer preassure again ;) and put our relationship first instead. Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!

JMG said...

Ah peer pressure. That is a hard one. Different relationships - the humankind - and so easy to get caught up in them. And forget the relationship with your horse. Hope you have a wonderful Thrusday.