Saturday, March 5, 2011

One more day

Again used the featherweight line. Cici sure likes it. Almost liberty and yet we are connected. Like gently holding hands.

Online she trotted the circle calmly for 5 laps. Didn't wind herself up into a faster and faster and faster trot where she would ultimately break into canter. Today it was a nice forward moving non frantic trot. This I can see riding. Both directions. Yippee.

Once on her we played with stick to the rail. I've probably already posted this, but here is again. I realized if she can't play stick to the rail at the walk how could I even consider trying it at the trot. Same with cloverleaf. She has stopped arguing with me. Well for now she has. She seems to be listening. Well until she doesn't LOL. Don't want to give the impression my little girl is perfect.

Right need more corrections than going to the left today. Hey progress. So after a nice around the ring going to the left I asked for trot. She was right there willing, and gave me a nice small trot. Working on both of our confidences. So I kept asking for more and more connected trot steps. We are slowly getting there.

There was even another snow slide off the roof. Cici just did an in spot spook. And I didn't even have a chance to lock up tight. More progress.

Oh did I mention she has begun The Shed? Time to end wearing fleece or I'll leave the barn looking like her, including the dapples!

1 comment:

BlogFront said...

Hi JMG,

BlogFront.org is committed to uphold the quality standards of blogging. We strive to maintain and promote only the most credible blogs in their respective fields.

Spam blogs or "splogs" has been a problem for some time now and people are getting confused about which blog to trust.

We would like to thank you for maintaining such a reputable blog. We know that it takes time, effort and commitment to keep such a blog and as such, we have added your blog as one of the top Equine Blogs.

You can see your blog listed here: http://blogfront.org/equine/3

You can also claim your BlogFront Top Blogs badge at http://blogfront.org/badges/equine

Thank you for keeping your blog credible. Let's keep the blog revolution alive!

Maria Blanchard
BlogFront.org
Blog Revolucion