Friday, February 26, 2010

Driving from Zone 3 continued

I have continued to play with this. Adding put your nose on for motivation. Cici will willingly work for food. So I placed wrangler cubes on the barrels, upside down muck bucket, mounting block, cones. She got very motivated to check everything out. Got so focused on moving to the next object I think she forgot I was walking along in Zone 3.

Oh its not perfect but more and more steps are stringing together. Her walk is getting more normal paced. I forgot to mention that the 1 or 2 steps were like molasses! So now we are walking.

I have begun to slowly move back. And yesterday I was walking along on her left side at her hip! Zone 4! And was able to ask her to turn and stop. Whooohooo.

We went out on the trails - walking single file out to a place where we could be side by side. Back to 1 or 2 slow steps then stop. But quickly had more and more. I stopped and let her lick and chew. We walked up and down this stretch of trail. My walking on her right as well as left sides. She seemed relaxed. Finally we did the whole stretch without stopping – of course we were headed back to the barn. We came to the last piece of trail which is single file. I asked her to stop and told her I would go ahead. As I got to her head she blew out this huge breath, and licked and chewed like mad. Guess she was glad I was taking that 51% back LOL.

No comments: