Sunday, October 4, 2009

Continued undemanding time

Friday Cici, Casey and on the other side of the fence Bella, were all hanging out together. I walked into the paddock and after Cici greeted me I walked to the rock and sat down. Cici took a few moments then left Casey and Bella and walked over to hang out with me. Bella even nickered to her but she stayed by my side. How cool is that!

And today, Sunday she was standing in the shed. I came to the gate at since she looked at me I took that as permission to enter. Thinking back I could have waited at the gate to see what woud happen. Hmmm how interesting. I sat down and Casey came over. Started lipping my knee so I backed him up. Then I invited him in closer. Again lipping, which leads to nipping so I backed him up. By now Bella (mare in heat who has become his girl friend..an aside she is 16.3 and he is a very small mini) was at the fence making eyes at him so he backs and wanders over to her.

He nips at her through the fence. Can only reach up her arm pits and along bottom of her barrel. She squeals but stays put. Then noses touch, another nip and she turns to walk away. Casey saunders away from her, staying on the fence line and she completes a circle to follow him! Crafty devil is he. I can learn a lot watching this little guy.

All this while Cici is hanging out in the shed behind me, away from the fall weather flies that are biting. I am not paying her any attention as I am engrossed in Casey antics. I've been in the paddock maybe 10 minutes. I glance over at her and she walks out of the shed to where I am sitting on the rock. Sigh.

After about 15-20 minutes of rock sitting and hanging out with my girl I get up and walk away from her to see what she will do. She thinks about it a little while and then slowly walks to me. We stand together for a little bit and then I walk away again. She thinks some more and follows me. Then she walks off to Casey and Bella. I waited a bit then glance at her and walk slowly away again. Takes her a little before she is cutting across the paddock to my side.

No comments: